Senior HR Account Manager
People & HR, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
Crypto has had tremendous growth over the last several years. That growth comes with inevitable regulation. Regulation, in our view, is a good thing because it increases adoption.
Organizations that enable this transition from the pre-regulation to post-regulation environment - the companies compliantly navigate a changing regulatory landscape, or better yet, facilitate it, will be some of the most relevant organizations of the future. Toku will be one of those companies.
Toku’s products enable crypto-native companies to compliantly compensate their teams in both fiat and tokens in over 100 teams globally. Toku’s growing list of customers includes Aragon, Astar, dYdX, Filecoin Foundation, Gitcoin, Gnosis, Hedera Hashgraph, Protocol Labs, Teller, Safe, Storyverse, and others.
Paying people with tokens is such an obvious and early real-world use case of any token, regardless of what else the token can do. All tokens can be used to compensate workers - and in fact, are! Toku ensures that all token compensation is managed legally, and proper taxes are paid. This is a critical part of the transition to a post-regulation crypto industry.
Toku raised $20 million from a consortium led by Blockchain Capital with Protocol Labs, GMJP, OrangeDAO, Orrick, Reverie, Quantstamp, Next Web Capital, and prominent angel investors including Protocol Labs founder Juan Benet and Alchemy co-founders Nikil Viswanathan and Joe Lau. Read more about Toku in Fortune, Yahoo Finance, and CoinDesk.
To learn more, check our website.
About the role
Toku is searching for a Senior HR Account Manager to support HR operations and partnership for client businesses. As Senior HR Account Manager, you're pivotal to the operational success of the HR team while taking point to manage client relationships, people programs, and complex regulatory matters. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include end-to-end on/off-boarding, payroll, and general HR & operational work.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a foundational team member with a rapidly scaling, global startup. To be successful in this role, you will be a leader and global listener. You are focused on building relationships to create influence through high-impact communication and a principles-first approach to HR.
- Manage the full breadth of sensitive & complex HR operational matters through the employee life-cycle, including on-boarding, leave & accommodation administration, compliance, payroll, benefits, and off-boarding.
- Partner with Toku Benefits team to drive the US benefits brokerage, implementation, and annual open enrollment processes.
- Process semi-monthly US payroll, benefits, and 401k contributions.
- Help build Toku's PEO HR knowledge center by documenting jurisdictional employment regulation.
- Facilitate employee relations with regular employee check-in’s, including documentation of employee questions, feedback, and sentiment themes.
- Assist with ad hoc special projects as needed.
- Experienced with client-facing HR in Employer of Record (EOR) or Professional Employer Organization (PEO).
- 6+ years of experience as an HR Manager, Generalist or Business Partner.
- Deep HR expertise encompassing operations, benefits, payroll, employee relations, and employment law.
- Exceptional leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently to manage multiple projects and workflows.
- Startup experience and cross-functional team experience.
- A hustler mentality, founding a company or building side projects is a plus!
- North America Time Zone
Benefits and Compensation
- Remote-first work culture
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- Competitive equity
- Apple laptop
Toku is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to being a diverse team that reflects a broad range of background, thought, and experience. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, status as protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristics. Women, minorities, LGBTQ+, and people from underrepresented backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please use Rezi.ai to create a good resume before applying.