Full Stack Engineer, World ID
Tools for Humanity (Worldcoin LA)
About the Company:
Worldcoin (www.worldcoin.org) is an open-source protocol, supported by a global community of developers, individuals, economists and technologists committed to expanding participation in, and access to, the global economy. Its community is united around core beliefs in the inherent worth and equality of every individual, the right to personal privacy, and open and public collaboration. These beliefs are reflected in what the community is building: a public utility to connect everyone to the global economy.
The Worldcoin Foundation (www.worldcoin.foundation) is the protocol’s steward and will support and grow the Worldcoin community until it becomes self-sufficient. Tools for Humanity (www.toolsforhumanity.com) is a global hardware and software development company. It helped launch Worldcoin and continues to provide support to the Foundation, in addition to operating the World App.
About the Team
The World ID team builds the SDK, tools, apps and integrations for the World ID Protocol. World ID is a novel privacy-first, decentralized, identity protocol, bringing global proof of personhood to the internet in the age of AI. World ID uses multiple cutting edge technologies to accomplish this, such as zero-knowledge proofs, privacy-preserving biometric verification and many more.
About the Opportunity
You will join to contribute to the World ID ecosystem, including the protocol. Your efforts will significantly shape the trajectory of the product and Worldcoin overall.
- Build libraries, tools, examples, documentation, etc. related to the SDK and parts of the protocol. This will sometimes include building general purpose libraries for public benefit.
- Work with the Protocol team, research new technologies, and help architect updates to the protocol.
- Partner closely with Design, Product & Ecosystem teams to understand user and technical constraints and requirements.
- Propose, architect and build real-world production-class applications powered by World ID.
- Help other hackers all over the world build on top of World ID in hackathons, through grant programs, and partnerships. This will sometimes require travel.
- 4+ years of experience building modern software applications, both frontend and backend
- You are very intense, move fast, continuously reprioritize. Always with an MVP mindset
- You are very energetic, independent and willing to roll up your sleeves
- You are passionate about exploring new things, building side projects and trying new technologies
- You have a strong user-focus and UX design skills; you like to build beautiful interfaces
- You have very strong written communication skills and can clearly express and defend your opinions
- You are passionate about crypto, the identity space and privacy, and you’re continuously exploring new trends and technologies
- Experience building web3 dapps and/or smart contracts is highly preferred
- Technical stack includes Typescript, React.js, Node.js, and Rust - past experience with these is not required
- Located in San Francisco or Berlin, or willing to relocate