People Operations Coordinator / Payroll Administrator (Part-Time)
Tools for Humanity (Worldcoin LA)
About the Company:
Worldcoin (www.worldcoin.org) is an open-source protocol, supported by a global community of developers, individuals, economists and technologists committed to expanding participation in, and access to, the global economy. Its community is united around core beliefs in the inherent worth and equality of every individual, the right to personal privacy, and open and public collaboration. These beliefs are reflected in what the community is building: a public utility to connect everyone to the global economy.
The Worldcoin Foundation (www.worldcoin.foundation) is the protocol’s steward and will support and grow the Worldcoin community until it becomes self-sufficient. Tools for Humanity (www.toolsforhumanity.com) is a global hardware and software development company. It helped launch Worldcoin and continues to provide support to the Foundation, in addition to operating the World App.
About the Team:
The People team supports and maximizes the potential of Worldcoin's greatest asset, its employees. We oversee and support the entire employee lifecycle at Worldcoin—from attracting and hiring top talent through supporting a growing and thriving team—while cultivating an inclusive workplace culture.
About the Opportunity:
The People Operations Coordinator/Payroll Administrator will run the daily functions of People Operations and Accounting and be the first point of contact for all things People for our German employees. This includes new hire onboarding, payroll and employment administration, offboarding, and basic accounting duties. This is a part-time role at 20 hours/week.
In this role, you will:
- Coordinate the entire new hire onboarding process, including new hire set up, orientation, and check ins.
- Handle employment and payroll-related inquiries from employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate team member.
- Be the first point of contact as it relates to People and Accounting support for all German employees.
- Ensure payroll and insurance are processed accurately and timely, maintaining records for accounting/finance.
- Work closely with the US People Ops team and German Accounting team.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- At least two years of human resource management in a startup environment experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Impeccable organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proven time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Intermediate knowledge of German payroll and employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn a variety of systems used to manage People and Accounting functions.