Senior Software Engineer, Backend
Tools for Humanity (Worldcoin LA)
About the Company:
Worldcoin (www.worldcoin.org) is an open-source protocol, supported by a global community of developers, individuals, economists and technologists committed to expanding participation in, and access to, the global economy. Its community is united around core beliefs in the inherent worth and equality of every individual, the right to personal privacy, and open and public collaboration. These beliefs are reflected in what the community is building: a public utility to connect everyone to the global economy.
The Worldcoin Foundation (www.worldcoin.foundation) is the protocol’s steward and will support and grow the Worldcoin community until it becomes self-sufficient. Tools for Humanity (www.toolsforhumanity.com) is a global hardware and software development company. It helped launch Worldcoin and continues to provide support to the Foundation, in addition to operating the World App.
About the Team
This role is for the Product Team, building World App. World App plays a critical role in fulfilling our mission. Using the App, people can join the Worldcoin network, participate in decentralized finance in a friendly, privacy-preserving and self-custodial manner, and use their World ID to unlock services across the ecosystem. As one of the largest wallets globally, World App with over 2M users, processes an impressive volume of over 500,000 blockchain transactions daily.
About the Opportunity
As a senior software engineer you’ll be designing and building highly scalable systems to support the App. In this role, you will:
- Be the owner of key components within the App. You will be responsible for designing, building, maintaining and scaling them, including delivering on business metrics.
- Design backend systems for high scalability. This includes cross-coordination with your mobile, design and web teammates.
- Build! You will execute on delivering the relevant backend components for the App.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders including Marketing, Operations, Risk, Data Science and other Engineering teams in the company. You will help shape prioritization for your squad.
- Help in continuing to develop the Engineering organization across the company.
- Proven track record of building modern and highly scalable software applications.
- Expertise architecting functional systems for performance and security.
- Experience with IaaC and managing and scaling your own resources.
- Experience building with Typescript and/or Rust is strongly preferred.
- You are successful in ambiguous environments, are comfortable continuously reprioritizing, and have an MVP-mindset.
- You are very energetic, independent and willing to roll up your sleeves.
- You have very strong written communication skills and can clearly express and defend your opinions.