Senior Backend Software Engineer
WeatherXM is building the world's largest, community-powered, web3-native weather network to provide accurate, hyperlocal weather services to consumers and businesses. Based on low-cost web3 weather stations, WeatherXM allows anyone to become a weather station operator and earn rewards for collecting and validating weather data.
WeatherXM AG has raised $5M in seed funding to fuel the growth of their community-powered IoT weather station network. Placeholder VC led the round, joined by metaplanet, ConsenSys Mesh, dlab (SOSV), Protocol Labs, Borderless Capital, DLTx and several prominent angel investors including Juan Benet (Filecoin), Maxwell Krohn, Dimitris Togias and Ele Diakomichalis (Radicle).
We are looking for a Backend Developer to join our dedicated cross-functional team. You should be comfortable with Web2 and ideally Web3 frameworks, developing for various software platforms, integrating and testing new software, as well as know your way around development and troubleshooting tools. We expect you to be a team player and have a desire to participate in a startup that is constantly changing and growing, and be responsible for making some really cool stuff happen.
- Take part in the design and development of our existing web apps and APIs
- Design server-side architectures
- Prototype new features using various and exciting technologies
- Troubleshoot, debug and improve existing software – you know, the usual fun!
- Develop ideas for new products or features by monitoring industry standards and trends as technologies evolve
- Collaborate with other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codebase to enhance the user experience
- Taking lead on projects, as needed
- Advanced knowledge of NodeJS and Python
- Strong understanding of the web development cycle, programming techniques and tools
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Docker, Linux and familiarity with web servers (e.g. Nginx, Apache)
- Knowledge of software development life cycle processes & tools
- Organisational skills, analytical mind, with ability to take ownership of a task and deliver on it – all these in the right balance
- Team player with a strong sense of humour, because we are all fun to be around and want to keep it this way
You get bonus points, if you have:
- Degree in Computer Science, or relevant field
- Interest in Web3
- Agile development experience
- Knowledge of Data Science & ML Python frameworks (SciPy, TensorFlow)
- Familiarity with Distributed Ledger Technologies (Blockchain, IPFS, Solidity)
At WeatherXM we are investing in people that will contribute to the growth of the no.1 people powered weather company in the industry. This is what we offer:
- Be part and contribute to the future of a fast scaling startup company
- Private health care plan
- Competitive salary
- Stock option incentive plan based on seniority
- Remote working & flexible hours is a standard, not an exception
- Extra vacation days
- Meaningful work, great career development opportunities with exceptional new offices, and an esteemed environment & culture
- Possibility to visit global meetups and conferences offering hands-on training courses on Web3 technologies
- Free weather data mining station and the finest specialty coffee
Something looks off?