Lead Frontend Engineer
WeatherXM is building the world's largest, community-powered, web3-native weather network to provide accurate, hyperlocal weather services to consumers and businesses. Based on low-cost web3 weather stations, WeatherXM allows anyone to become a weather station operator and earn rewards for collecting and validating weather data.
WeatherXM’s vision is to act as a web3 weather oracle to be used by on-chain protocols that have to make decisions based on weather conditions.
WeatherXM AG has raised $5M in seed funding to fuel the growth of their community-powered IoT weather station network. Placeholder VC led the round, joined by metaplanet, ConsenSys Mesh, dlab (SOSV), Protocol Labs, Borderless Capital, DLTx and several prominent angel investors including Juan Benet (Filecoin), Maxwell Krohn, Dimitris Togias and Ele Diakomichalis (Radicle).
We are looking for a Frontend Developer to join our dedicated cross-functional team. You should be able to build, test and maintain web applications, as well as know your way around development and troubleshooting tools. If you have experience with web3 projects that’s super cool, if not you should have a strong desire to convert and we will help you! We expect you to be a team player and have a desire to participate in a startup that is constantly changing and growing, and be responsible for making some really cool stuff happen.
- Create user-friendly web pages
- Create quality mockups and prototypes
- Build and deploy user-friendly, highly secure, maintainable, high-performance scalable interfaces, and client-facing UI systems, as well as internal tools
- Use feedback from users to translate our company and customer needs into functional and appealing interactive solutions
- And last but not least, write functional requirement documents and guides
- 3+ experience as a frontend developer
- Experience building web applications using a modern frontend framework (Vue, React, Angular)
- Good understanding of best practices, optimisations and profiling
- Firm understanding of code versioning tools
- Passion for user-friendly, high-performance scalable frontend interfaces
- Organisational skills, analytical mind, ability to take ownership of a task and deliver on it – all these in the right balance
- Strong sense of humour, because we are all fun to be around and want to keep it this way
You get bonus points, if you have:
- Experience working with Web3/Ether.js.
- Familiarity with the UX challenges of crypto
- Experience with GraphQL/Apollo/REST
- Degree in Computer Science, or relevant field
- Experience with financial/payment systems
- Understanding of DeFi / crypto financial primitive
At WeatherXM we are investing in people that will contribute to the growth of the no.1 people powered weather company in the industry. This is what we offer:
- Be part and contribute to the future of a fast scaling startup company
- Private health care plan
- Competitive salary
- Stock option incentive plan based on seniority
- Remote working & flexible hours is a standard, not an exception
- Extra vacation days
- Meaningful work, great career development opportunities with exceptional new offices, and an esteemed environment & culture
- Possibility to visit global meetups and conferences offering hands-on training courses on Web3 technologies
- Free weather data mining station and the finest specialty coffee
Something looks off?