Tech Support Agent
WeatherXM is building the world's largest, community-powered, web3-native weather network to provide accurate, hyperlocal weather services to consumers and businesses. Based on low-cost web3 weather stations, WeatherXM allows anyone to become a weather station operator and earn rewards for collecting and validating weather data.
WeatherXM AG has raised $5M in seed funding to fuel the growth of their community-powered IoT weather station network. Placeholder VC led the round, joined by metaplanet, ConsenSys Mesh, dlab (SOSV), Protocol Labs, Borderless Capital, DLTx and several prominent angel investors including Juan Benet (Filecoin), Maxwell Krohn, Dimitris Togias and Ele Diakomichalis (Radicle).
We are looking for a community support agent with proven tech support background to join our team and assist our customers with technical problems when using our products and services. You should be a "people person" able to introduce our project through social forms (mainly Discord), resolve technical customer queries, recommend solutions and guide product users through features and functionalities and ultimately be able to act as the face and voice of our brand and participate in most community communications.
We expect you to be a team player who is an excellent communicator able to earn our clients’ trust and have a desire to participate in a startup which is constantly changing and growing, and be responsible for making some really cool stuff happen.
- Respond to comments and customer queries in a timely manner, on our social channels: Discord, Twitter & Linkedin
- Respond to emails sent through contact form, from our website
- Set and implement social media and communication campaigns (such as AMA’s) to align with marketing strategies
- Ideally able to create engaging text, image and video content for social media accounts using raw material from rest of team
- Create and send creative campaigns and newsletters to customers and leads
- Monitor and report on feedback and online reviews
- Organise and participate in online events to build community and boost brand awareness
- Liaise with Development and Sales departments to stay updated on new products and features
- Build relationships with customers, potential customers, industry professionals and journalists
- Stay up-to-date with blockchain technology trends
- Work with our development teams to resolve and troubleshoot problems on behalf of our community
- Be able to identify the hot topics discussed in the community and identify the community vibe and pass that info to the team.
- Proven work experience as a tech and/or customer support agent
- Experience working with an online community
- Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics (e.g. repeat attendance at events)
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent English writing skills
- Hands on experience with technology
- Ability to solve technical problems and tinker with hardware and software
You get bonus points, if you have:
- Degree in a technology, communications or relevant field
- Knowledge of blockchain, IoT or weather sensing related technologies
- Don't check all of the boxes? No worries. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes we would be more than happy to review your application.
At WeatherXM we are investing in people that will contribute to the growth of the no.1 people powered weather company in the industry. This is what we offer:
- Be part and contribute to the future of a fast scaling startup company
- Private health care plan
- Competitive salary
- Stock option incentive plan based on seniority
- Remote working & flexible hours is a standard, not an exception
- Extra vacation days
- Meaningful work, great career development opportunities with exceptional new offices, and an esteemed environment & culture
- Possibility to visit global meetups and conferences offering hands-on training courses on Web3 technologies
- Free weather data mining station and the finest specialty coffee