WeatherXM is building the world's largest, community-powered, web3-native weather network to provide accurate, hyperlocal weather services to consumers and businesses. Based on low-cost web3 weather stations, WeatherXM allows anyone to become a weather station operator and earn rewards for collecting and validating weather data.
WeatherXM AG has raised $5M in seed funding to fuel the growth of their community-powered IoT weather station network. Placeholder VC led the round, joined by metaplanet, ConsenSys Mesh, dlab (SOSV), Protocol Labs, Borderless Capital, DLTx and several prominent angel investors including Juan Benet (Filecoin), Maxwell Krohn, Dimitris Togias and Ele Diakomichalis (Radicle).
We are looking for a passionate, and energetic Mid/Senior UX Designer (4+ years of experience designing and shipping products) to work with us and build the world’s first decentralised weather network. As a UX Designer, you will work closely with researchers, developers, and product people to improve existing web, mobile and on device apps, create new ones from scratch, and improve WeatherXM’s user touchpoints along the line. To do this, you will need to collaborate with researchers and stakeholders. You will respond to research findings and insights in order to base your design decisions before moving forward.
You will join a growing user experience team that consists of designers and researchers. You will have the opportunity to shape the future of the organisation, as you’ll work closely with people from all departments in order to improve internal and external experiences.
- End-to-end UX process, from discovery to evaluation
- Gathering and evaluating requirements in collaboration with product people, UX researchers and team leads
- Responding and often conducting research activities such as user and stakeholder interviews, contextual inquiries, usability studies, as well as other UX research methods according to what is needed with support from UX researchers
- Creating interactive prototypes. We use Axure RP!
- Iterating and improving your designs based on research findings and feedback.
- Maintaining and updating our design system as needed. We use Figma!
- Cooperating with the rest of the UX team, on common issues, as well as sharing knowledge!
- Mapping, analyzing and improving user journeys.
- You have worked on, and have shipped products for web and mobile. You’ve been through the iterative nature of the UX process in real world conditions.
- You can read and produce your own user flows
- You understand what task analysis is
- Be an active listener and learner
- Curiosity to dig into the why's behind the what's
- Know the difference between assumptions, data, and evidence
- Give constructive feedback as well as seek it out for yourself
- Know when you don’t have enough evidence to make a decision, and what you need to do in order to acquire it
- Understanding of accessibility standards and basic concepts. You know what WCAG is and have read at least one version of it
- Understanding the relation of business and user needs so you can prioritise your focus accordingly
- Strong communication skills. You know how to speak with stakeholders and developers, understand them, and articulate your points to them.
- Fluent in the English language is a must. You’ll work with international stakeholders and users from around the globe.
- A Portfolio | Let your work speak for itself!
You get bonus points, if you have:
- Web3, IoT and crypto knowledge
- Weather enthusiast
- Experience working with analytics (adding that quant kick to the mix)
- Ability to create micro-interactions and export them in Lottie
- Solid experience working with a scrum team
You’re NOT a good fit if:
- Jump straight to visual design before understanding the problem you’re asked to solve
- You have mostly worked as a UI designer and focus on the visual aspect on interfaces
- You don’t have experience interacting with users of the thing you’re designing
- You don’t know how to challenge your team and stakeholders in a productive way
At WeatherXM we are investing in people that will contribute to the growth of the no.1 people powered weather company in the industry. This is what we offer:
- Be part and contribute to the future of a fast scaling startup company
- Private health care plan
- Competitive salary
- Stock option incentive plan based on seniority
- Remote working & flexible hours is a standard, not an exception
- Extra vacation days
- Meaningful work, great career development opportunities with exceptional new offices, and an esteemed environment & culture
- Possibility to visit global meetups and conferences offering hands-on training courses on Web3 technologies
- Free weather data mining station and the finest specialty coffee