WeatherXM is building the world's largest, community-powered, web3-native weather network to provide accurate, hyperlocal weather services to consumers and businesses. Based on low-cost web3 weather stations, WeatherXM allows anyone to become a weather station operator and earn rewards for collecting and validating weather data.
WeatherXM has raised $5M in seed funding to fuel the growth of their community-powered IoT weather station network. Placeholder VC led the round, joined by metaplanet, ConsenSys Mesh, dlab (SOSV), Protocol Labs, Borderless Capital, DLTx and several prominent angel investors including Juan Benet (Filecoin), Maxwell Krohn, Dimitris Togias and Ele Diakomichalis (Radicle).
We are looking for a passionate, and energetic mid-level Web Developer (3+ years of experience developing and shipping products) to work with us and build the world’s first decentralised weather network. As a Web Developer, you will work closely with design and product people to improve existing web apps, create new ones from scratch, and improve WeatherXM’s user touchpoints along the line.
- Create user-friendly web pages
- Build and deploy user-friendly, secure, maintainable, high-performance scalable interfaces, and client-facing UI systems, as well as internal tools
- Write clean, maintainable, and well-documented code that conforms to the company's coding standards and practices
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to other developers, as well as accept feedback on your own code
- Use feedback from users to translate our company and customer needs into functional and appealing interactive solutions
- Continuously monitor and improve the front-end architectures and technologies to ensure they align with best practices and industry standards
- 2+ years of hands-on experience as a frontend developer
- Proficiency in Vue or React
- Experience with RESTful APIs and modern front-end build tools such as Webpack, Gulp and Vite.
- Knowledge of design patterns, principles, and techniques for front-end development.
- Firm understanding of code versioning tools (Git).
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Passion for user-friendly, high-performance scalable frontend interfaces.
- Organisational skills, analytical mind, ability to take ownership of a task and deliver on it – all these in the right balance.
- Strong sense of humour, because we are all fun to be around and want to keep it this way.
Bonus points, if you have
- Experience working with Web3.
- Familiarity with the UX challenges of crypto.
- Degree in Computer Science, or relevant field.
- Understanding of DeFi / crypto primitives.
At WeatherXM we are investing in people that will contribute to the growth of the no.1 people powered weather company in the industry. This is what we offer:
- Be part and contribute to the future of a fast scaling startup company
- Private health care plan
- Competitive salary
- Stock options & Tokens incentive plan based on seniority
- Remote working & flexible hours is a standard, not an exception
- Extra vacation days
- Meaningful work, great career development opportunities with exceptional new offices, and an esteemed environment & culture
- Possibility to visit global meetups and conferences offering hands-on training courses on Web3 technologies
- Free weather data mining station and the finest specialty coffee