Head of Engineering
XONE is looking for a technical leader to drive the evolution of our product and strategy, join as a hands-on engineer in the initial phase, and build a growing team of software engineers. You should be highly motivated and an inquisitive Senior Engineer, with in-depth knowledge of app based products and a keen interest in Web 3.0 and blockchain. You will work closely with the CEO and CIO and be part of the leadership team. You should have a desire to wear multiple hats, and thrive in a startup environment. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in a senior technical leadership position and deep expertise in building and shipping consumer facing products. XONE is growing rapidly so candidates should have experience hiring and supporting teams of engineers. You're also the kind of person that isn't afraid to get their hands dirty. In the immediate term, you will be responsible for interfacing with a team of in-house software engineers and contributing to the development of a robust MVP product while building XONE’s long term product roadmap.
What you’ll do:
Strategy and Architecture
- Overall responsibility for Engineering activities across the business
- Build end-to-end platform architecture for XONE’s mobile product in order to:
- Scale to 100m+ users.
- Evaluate custodial and non-custodial wallet solutions for web2 -> web3 user onboarding.
- Support large quantities of 3D environments and concurrent users.
- Support payment infrastructure through Apple Store and Google Play
- Support on-chain integration elements and token reward system.
- Evaluate the challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities.
- Initiate and develop creative and innovative engineering processes
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical architecture and approach.
- We’re small and nimble, you’re someone who figures out how to do the things that need to get done and gets them done. You participate, delegate, and accomplish.
- Assist in-house development team with product development and code base.
- Build a robust world-building feature set and ship an MVP product to market.
- Build in-app payments infrastructure to facilitate the purchase of 3D assets and collectibles. (Apple store and Google Play)
- Build back-end infrastructure to support high volume of users and 3D environments.
- Build technical roadmap for here-to-earn token model and in-app reward systems.
What we’re looking for:
- Senior Level Experience in Unity software development and Unity 3D editor (8-10 years required).
- Proficient in C#, Unity libraries/scripting, and Visual Studio
- Knowledge and experience with the Unity UI system
- Experience with web 3.0 development stacks including Solidity and ERC-721 smart contracts.
- 5+ years of experience in Traditional PC, Web GL and Mobile development.
- Experience with optimization for mobile devices
- Strong debugging skills with ability to work in an existing codebase, learn new systems/concepts and implement them quickly and efficiently
- Experience with developing automated internal frameworks, increasing developer and release velocity, improved code health and building developer tools
- Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures and test driven development
- Experience with project delivery for complex, cross-functional, cross-organizational projects
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
XONE empowers anyone with a smartphone to build virtual worlds and share fandom. XONE's core product is an iOS and Android application based in Unity which combines familiar social media interfaces with immersive and blockchain features. Re-creating the concept of a bedroom, each XONE is a haven of cultural identity. A place where users can showcase posters, NFTs, and their digital goods. Our mission is to create a bridge to the metaverse and onboard the next generation of people into Web 3.0.
XONE has previously
- Sold out an NFT collection of 2500 3D worlds.
- Built a community of 8k on Discord and 12k on Twitter.
- Been incubated at Outlier Ventures.
- Signed developer agreement with Nreal to build an NFT/consumer AR glasses integration.
- Signed a formal tech accelerator agreement with Abbey Road Studios to create next-generation web 3.0 entertainment within major label ecosystems.
- Released a prototype to market.
- Full or Part-time position, 3-month review period
- Remote first, 2 x per year company gatherings in locations around the world
- Salary/Equity commensurate with experience
- Flexible vacation & holiday policy
- Opportunity for C-level position at next raise